Confirming some of the details gathered from a letter home to parents from Ken Danby Public School and information from witnesses, Guelph Police said on Wednesday morning that a man was found in an east end plaza on Tuesday and that he was age 30.

“At about 12:50 p.m., emergency responders were called to the area of Starwood Dr. and Grange Rd., after a citizen reported finding a deceased man behind the the plaza,” police said in an early morning press release.

“The identity of the 30-year-old man s known and police are working with the coroner to determine the circumstances around the death and also notifying the immediate family,” they added, maintaining their Tuesday statement that they do not believe there is any risk to public safety.

Anyone with information are encouraged to contact police, specifically, Det. Const. Joel Apps at 519-824-1212 ext. 7162 or leave an anonymous tip with Crime Stoppers via a phone call or online submission.

Witnesses initially told The Post the man was closer to the age of 18. A 3 for 1 Pizza employee that contacted police, Mohammad Ahmad, said that four elementary schoolchildren told him there was an unconscious man behind a dumpster near his place of work.

Upon investigation, Ahmad found that the man was dead and called police. Later in the day, Ken Danby elementary school sent a letter home to parents and guardians saying that a group of students had found a deceased person off school property.

Both police and witness account paint a relatively clear picture of schoolchildren coming across a dead body during a lunchtime visit to the plaza down the road from their school. The biggest missing piece is the cause of death. Some witnesses told The Post they believed it may have been an overdose, but that has not be verified in any way.

Details were priced together on Tuesday night by The Post in a point-by-point list after five different witnesses talked to a reporter at the plaza, which houses 3 for 1 Pizza, Big Bear, a dental office and other businesses. Exclusive reporting followed after reports of police activity that took place earlier in the day.